- At least 222 people have been killed and 843 injured after a tsunami hit the coast of Indonesia’s Sunda Strait.
- Twenty-eight people are missing and authorities expect the death toll to rise as many affected areas have not yet been reached.
- The tsunami hit at about 9.20pm on Saturday night.
- There was no pre-warning given. Here is an explanation as to why that was.
- The tsunami is thought to have been caused by the eruption of the Anak Krakatoa volcano, which may have triggered underwater landslides.
- People have been warned to stay away from the coast due to fears of another tsunami.
Please Pray for the People of Indonesia
Pray for the saints that are having to deal with this tragedy. Pray that our Lord Jesus Christ strengthen their faith and comfort them. Also, pray for those that do not know Christ as their Redeemer. May the opportunity for the lost of Indonesia hear the gospel. How that God sent His Son, Jesus Christ to die for their sin, was buried and raised three days later never to die again. And all they have to do is believe that Christ did all that for them.
‘For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.’
II Corinthians 5:21
‘that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
Again, please pray for the people of Indonesia.