‘Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. ‘
II Corinthians 5:17
Chicago needs men to hit the streets and proclaim the gospel of the grace of God. Where is the Church in all this? Only the gospel can change the hearts of evil men. Everyone wants change but no one wants to preach the gospel!
‘For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit… I Thessalonians 1:5… and how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, ‘ – I Thessalonians 1:9.
The gospel has power and gospel is the only means of salvation for those in Chicago. I pray that the gospel is proclaimed boldly to all in Chicago and the Lord open the hearts of all.
- With the national homicide rate hovering near historic lows, Chicago’s police chief on Monday decried a “despicable level of violence” over the weekend in which 52 people were shot, eight of them fatally, and two people were stabbed to death.
The nation’s third-largest city is one of few that has struggled with gun violence in recent years but is still on track to drop its homicide count for the third year in a row. The weekend’s shootings happened during one of the city’s warmest so far this year, aligning with conditions the city tends to see an increase in violence. […]
Click here to view the original web page at www.usatoday.com
Why did it happen?
Let's continue the conversation on Facebook!
Your opinion matters! Join the conversation on our Facebook page and speak your mind!
The Good News
Salvation is a FREE GIFT from God. You don't have to do anything but believe by faith that God sent His only Son Jesus Christ to die for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead 3 days later.
THE GOOD NEWS
Salvation is a FREE GIFT from God. SALVATION IS BY FAITH ALONE & FAITH IS BELIEVING WHAT GOD SAYS.
- God declares all mankind sinners and we all fall short of Glory of God. Romans 3:23
- The payment for our sin is death. Romans 6:23
- But God...because he loved you so much sent His own Son, Jesus Christ, to die in your place, for your sins, was buried, and rose from the dead three days later. 1 Cor 15:1-4; 2cor 5:21
All God asks is that you believe by faith alone in 1, 2, & 3. That you're a sinner, separated from God but God sent his Son to die for your sins, was buried & rose again 3 days later.
'that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. '
Do You Believe?
Subscribe today to get one email per day containing:
- Power Packed Bible Devotional
- Breaking Christian News with Biblical Commentary
- Free Download of the "Mystery of Christ"